Search This Blog

woensdag 30 januari 2013

'Sherlock' star Martin Freeman "in the dark" about third series


Martin Freeman has claimed that he is "in the dark" about a third series of Sherlock.

The Hobbit star told the Radio Times that he is yet to see any scripts for the hit BBC drama's next run.

"[Series creators] Mark [Gatiss] and Steven [Moffat] play their cards very close to their chests," said Freeman, who plays John Watson.

"I've not even seen a script. I texted Mark the other day saying, 'Can I see one?' and he said not yet - I'm as in the dark as you lot are."

Freeman also insisted that he does not know how Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) survived his much-debated fall in the show's series two finale.

"Honest to God, I don't know how it happened," said the actor. "I genuinely don't know - they probably don't tell us because they don't trust we won't blab it!"

Sherlock producer Sue Vertue confirmed last year that shooting on series three had been pushed to March "for availability reasons" but insisted that the delay was "not expected to affect any likely TX [transmission] dates."