Search This Blog

woensdag 30 januari 2013

'Coronation Street's Charlie Condou 'would do Dancing on Ice'


Charlie Condou has revealed that he would strongly consider joining Dancing on Ice next year.

The Coronation Street actor admitted that the experience of co-star Samia Ghadie has changed his mind about the reality show.

When asked by the Radio Times whether he would compete, he said: "I think I would! Samia's been teasing me about it for ages, saying that she thinks I should do it next year.

"I was thinking, 'Not a chance', but when I went to watch it live, I started to think I'd really enjoy this.

"So you never know - watch this space. I think, out of all those sort of shows, it's the one I'd want to do the most."

Condou, who plays Weatherfield's Marcus Dent, is the on-screen boyfriend of Ghadie (Maria Connor) on the ITV soap.

He added of Ghadie: "She's amazing. I went to watch her in week one - I had my Team Samia T-shirt on and sat in the front room cheering her on. She was brilliant.

"She'd bored me in the run-up with hundreds of videos on her phone of her doing different turns or skating backwards. So I saw what she was like when she started this and I can see where she is now and she's amazing. I hope she goes really far."