Search This Blog

zondag 22 januari 2012

Britain's Got Talent Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon: 'We won't be at war'

Britain's Got Talent Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon: 'We won't be at war'

Britain's Got Talent judges Alesha Dixon and Amanda Holden have said that they are expecting the press to "pit [them] against each other".

The pair both insisted at the ITV1 show's launch in Manchester that they have a perfectly healthy relationship.

"Amanda is wonderful. We had breakfast, hung out and she is a girl's girl," Dixon told The Mirror. "The kind of person I could pick the phone up to ask anything. She told me everyone will try to pit us against each other but we are not having it."

Holden concurred: "I'm excited about Alesha. For years I've been the only girl between two egos and I've taken a lot of stick. It will be nice to have another girl."

Referring to her pregnancy, she joked: "I won't stand for any b**tard saying we're in a fashion war. I'm 40 and up the duff!"

Holden has also insisted that Dixon will not suffer the same fate as former Britain's Got Talent judge Kelly Brook, who was axed in 2009 after just six days on the panel.

"You'll have to talk to Simon Cowell about Alesha, he booked her," she said. "It's a difficult one, but I think she's probably got something else - a brain."

Back in November, Holden told Digital Spy of her hatred for "feuding girls" stories invented by the media.

"I can't bear when shows like this make out that girls are feuding behind the scenes," she said. "I'm a girls' girl and I wouldn't stand for it if the media tried to create a story like that with a show I was on."