Search This Blog

woensdag 18 januari 2012

Miranda Hart: 'I'm now more of a comedy actress than a stand-up'

Miranda Hart: 'I'm now more of a comedy actress than a stand-up'

Miranda Hart has said that she is more of a comedy actress than a stand-up.

The Miranda star, who made her name in character-based stand-up, hopes that Call The Midwife viewers will appreciate her performance as Chummy.

She told the Radio Times: "It's hard to know whether people will think... oh, it's just me. Because being on panel shows, you are seen as yourself.

"But I hope people will see that what I have done with Chummy is different, and go with it. And my background is comedy acting."

"I see myself more as a comedy actress than a stand-up," Hart added. "Playing 'Miranda' is playing a role."

Call The Midwife continues on Sunday from 8pm on BBC One.