Search This Blog

vrijdag 27 januari 2012

Rihanna, Nicola Roberts for Sky fashion designer show

Rihanna, Nicola Roberts for Sky fashion designer show

Rihanna and Nicola Roberts have teamed up for a new fashion design reality show.

The 'We Found Love' singer will executive produce the competition for Sky Living and appear alongside Roberts as the Girls Aloud star searches for talented designers hoping to break into the industry.

Contestants will be challenged to create outfits for a number of celebrities over the course of ten weeks, with the winner getting to dress Rihanna in a unique and original stage outfit for her performance at the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park this July.

"I've always had a great love of fashion. It's a constant source of inspiration in my life, and is a big reason why I've grown into the person and artist I am today," Rihanna stated.

"I have been very fortunate to work with some truly amazing designers and stylists throughout my career, and they have been instrumental in making sure my creative vision reaches the stage.

"I am excited to follow the journey of our aspiring contestants and see how their individuality influences their efforts during the course of the show."

Roberts said that she was "excited" and "flattered" to be approached for the project by the Bajan star.

"There are talented people, undiscovered because they don't have the means or their circumstances are too far away from the fashion world," she explained. "This show is here to discover those people and give them a shot.

"I'm looking for someone who can think outside the box while using their imagination, someone who isn't going to give up at the first hurdle and ultimately someone who can't be undiscovered anymore."

Roberts added: "I love both Rihanna's music and her style. I love that she isn't afraid to try new things. Her style is personal and that's something I'm a fan of. You can see a genuine love for fashion in her. She is definitely one of my style icons."

In addition to serving as executive producer on the show, Rihanna will also be involved in the casting process and editing in post-production.

The programme is due to debut in the summer of 2012 on Sky Living.