Search This Blog

maandag 23 januari 2012

Simon Cowell wants Gareth Malone, Dawn French for future shows

Simon Cowell wants Gareth Malone, Dawn French for future shows

Simon Cowell has revealed that he wants Military Wives choirmaster Gareth Malone to join one of his shows.

The Britain's Got Talent boss confessed that the music expert, who led the choir to victory against X Factor winners Little Mix in the 2011 Christmas number one race, has become his latest "target".

"Yes, he should be a Syco target. He is like a stealth missile, he has sort of crept up on everyone," Cowell told the Daily Mail. "He would be good for us.

"I wasn't furious about the Army Wives single beating us, I had two copies of it on pre-order."

Cowell teased that he has also been developing a new cooking competition to rival the likes of MasterChef and The Great British Bake Off, where the winner will have their dish manufactured by Marks & Spencer.

On who could host such a contest, the media mogul suggested: "I would love Dawn French to do it. I know she has lost a lot of weight, but I am hoping to persuade her to put a tiny bit back on with me. I like home food, I love it. My mum's roast potatoes. Shepherd's pie. Cornish pasties. I want stuff like that on the show."

Cowell has admitted that he lured Strictly Come Dancing judge Alesha Dixon to Britain's Got Talent to anger the BBC.