Search This Blog

vrijdag 10 februari 2012

Nigel Lythgoe: Ryan Seacrest is glue that holds American Idol together

Nigel Lythgoe: Ryan Seacrest is glue that holds American Idol together

American Idol's executive producer Nigel Lythgoe has described the show's host Ryan Seacrest as "probably the best in the business".

During a recent conference call with reporters, the So You Think You Can Dance judge was asked about Seacrest's future as host and whether the competition could continue successfully without him.

"There can always be an Idol without anybody," he replied. "I'm surprised that question's still being asked after Simon [Cowell] left us when everybody said there wouldn't be an Idol without Simon.

"I believe that Seacrest is probably the best host in the business," he continued. "Why he hasn't received an Emmy yet, I'm not sure. I would hate to think of him leaving American Idol. I think he is the glue that sticks it all together and moves it along."

Lythgoe added: "I'm a huge fan, from the moment I heard him on radio when I first came to America and asked him to come along and audition. I don't have anything bad to say against Ryan. Apart from he's too good looking, he's got too much money, to be given $300 million to invest in companies. I hope he comes on for Nigel Lythgoe Productions.

"I just hope he doesn't leave, to be frank with you. I think they should try to sort out a deal."

American Idol kicked off its season 11 Hollywood Week on Wednesday night (February 6), with the episode ending on a cliffhanger when hopeful Symone Black fainted and fell off the stage.

Lythgoe previously said that at least five contestants had collapsed during Hollywood Week, which judges Jennifer Lopez, Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler have described as "the most brutal and intense" ever.