Search This Blog

vrijdag 10 februari 2012

The Voice Jesse Campbell: Christina Aguilera and I will make good team

The Voice Jesse Campbell: Christina Aguilera and I will make good team

The Voice contestant Jesse Campbell has said that he and mentor Christina Aguilera will make a "good team" together.

The singer father impressed all four coaches - including Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green - on Sunday night's (February 5) season premiere of The Voice, but eventually chose to work with Aguilera.

Speaking to reporters on a conference call, he said: "I felt as though Christina would really understand my place and she can really sing. She's well rehearsed with the dynamics and riffs and runs and things like that, which I've spent most of my life practising. I just felt like we'd make a really good team together."

However, the 42-year-old admitted that before appearing on the show he had thought he'd want to work with Levine, saying: "I came here and was really looking forward to working with Adam.

"I would sing his songs on Third Street Promenade and get the biggest crowd, but being up there something said to go with Christina, and I'm glad I made that decision."

Campbell - who is from Chicago but has lived in Los Angeles since 1999 - said that he had auditioned for other singing shows in the past but The Voice made the most sense for him.

"I'm very grateful The Voice had an ear to hear. Being here, I see that, and what I'm really glad about is the fact that The Voice doesn't focus on the drama. It's not about the drama or negativity. They really focus on the title of the show, which is 'The Voice'. That's what I'm most appreciative of."

Discussing why he hadn't found success earlier in life, he said: "I personally didn't know my worth. I felt unworthy. I had low self-esteem and I just got to the place where I decided to do some things for me."

Campbell continued: "When I was so inundated with being a daddy and things were needed and I couldn't provide, I decided to make some changes and do my inner-work and clear myself of some things that were keeping me grounded and not letting me soar or fly with the talents that God gave me.

"As a result of clearing some of those things and getting rid of that unworthiness and getting to the root of those things I was able to pull those issues up and stand up and do what is being done today."

Campbell added: "I got my daughter in and she's on board and supportive. Her mother's side of the family moved in town so I've got a babysitter and I'm grateful for this opportunity."

As for the future, he said: "I always said that I wanted to do a song with Celine Dion but now I'm with Christina Aguilera I'm looking forward to that coming through. And, because of Cee Lo's versatility, I'd love to do something with him, and because I've sung Adam's songs, I'd love to do something with him as well."

The Voice airs Mondays at 8/7c on NBC