Search This Blog

woensdag 30 mei 2012

Jessie J: 'I thought BBC made a mistake asking me to do The Voice'

Jessie J has said that she initally thought the BBC may have made a mistake asking her to be a coach on The Voice UK.

The singer told Grazia that she feared she was not famous enough for the panel of the reality talent show.

"I thought the BBC was making a mistake asking me to do it in the first place," Jessie J admitted.

"I kept saying, 'People might not know who I am!'."

She added of this weekend's final: "It's been an honour to be part of a TV show that celebrates the voice. It will be a massive night for the artists, coaches and crew."

Of claims that she has acted like a diva, Jessie J said: "There isn't anything flash in my dressing room. No champagne. No yoga mats or anything. That was meant to be one of my diva demands.

"I did ask for a scented candle. I don't think it's too much to ask for a nice, relaxing smell in the room. I also asked for a lava lamp."

She continued: "When I was a kid, they used to have a room at Great Ormond Street Hospital where you'd go and chill out. It was full of lava lamps and water lamps and since then it's always been a way to help me wind down. I never got one, and that's okay.

"But is there anything wrong with asking for what you know is good for you? Does that make you a diva, a pain? Or does it make you someone who knows what they want?"