Search This Blog

zondag 3 juni 2012

Big Brother 2012: We chat Bit On The Side with Emma Willis!

With The Big Brother 2012 launch just a couple of days away, we caught up with Emma Willis to chat all things about Bit On The Side!

The loveable telly host was hyped up for the new series when we spoke to her, and couldn’t wait for it to kick off.

And Emma promised more fun, interaction and exclusives, but probably a lot less swearing.

“It didn’t go unnoticed that the last series was very rude,” Emma admitted. “It was quite rude, I think that’s the beauty of having a show on late night, especially on Channel 5, you can kind of get away with stuff.”

But Emma defended the swearing, saying: “I think people were quite shocked when they heard me say certain words, but don’t we all say it? And I don’t think I swore excessively, but when it naturally comes out, it comes out, and I say it quite a lot anyway.

“I think it was rude but on the side of fun rather than graphic or unnecessary.”

Emma also revealed that the new series would see a lot more exclusive footage from the house and interaction with the audience via Twitter.

“Our show will have a lot more audience participation, I think we felt that we didn’t read out enough of what people sent in [last year],” she explained. “We’re going to have a lot more direct access to the housemates, putting viewer’s questions to them in the Diary Room.

“We want as much Twitter interaction as possible and I think our digital box will have a lot more to do with the show. ”

Emma’s BOTS sidekicks Jamie East and Alice Levine will also be back, but the traditional Sunday game show has been axed in favour of a psychology special.

“Our weekends are changing, weeknights stay the same with me,” Emma told us. “Saturdays are Alice and Jamie, and on Sunday the game show has gone and psych is coming back.”

“I love a bit of psych!”

Emma has come under criticism from she viewers about being biased, but she insisted: “I don’t care who wins, I just enjoy watching it!”

She added: “This is a fanzine show and it’s hosted by a long term dedicated fan.”

Big Brother’s Bit On The Side airs straight after the main show on Chanel 5 and 5*. It starts at 10:45PM on Channel 5 on June 5.