Search This Blog

zondag 3 juni 2012

Cheryl Cole: 'I knew Joe McElderry was gay before he did'

Cheryl Cole has claimed that she knew Joe McElderry was gay before he came out.

The Girls Aloud star mentored the singer to victory on the 2010 series of The X Factor and insisted that she had a suspicion he was homosexual during the competition.

Asked if she knew McElderry was gay during his time on The X Factor, Cole told Attitude: "Yeah, I think I knew before he did.

"He didn't tell me. I had a chat with my boys and I just told them they could tell us whatever they wanted and I was there for them."

She continued: "I really don't know if Joe knew. I had deep conversations with Joe and he never, ever suggested it, and he never said, 'That guy's fit'.

"I think he actually said a girl was one time. But I kinda knew."

Cole's new single 'Call My Name' will be released in the UK on June 10, while her third studio album A Million Lights follows on June 18.