Search This Blog

vrijdag 1 juni 2012

Katherine Kelly: 'Corrie cast want me to return already'

Katherine Kelly has revealed that her former Coronation Street co-stars have already been asking her to return.

The actress, whose character Becky McDonald only left Weatherfield in January, admitted that she does "miss" the show.

"When I left the show I made it clear that I wanted the door to remain open so I'd be able to return," she told The Mirror.

"They're always asking me to go back and I think that, one day, I will. I have so many happy memories from working on the Street and I do miss those on the show."

The 32-year-old has also today (May 31) been confirmed for a role on This Morning, following in the footsteps of EastEnders legend Pam St Clement.

From Monday, June 11, Kelly will front a four-part weekly segment in the programme entitled Kelly's Heroes, which sees the star tour the country to meet charity campaigners and other unsung heroes.

"I'm really excited about the This Morning project, although I had no idea just how difficult presenting actually is," Kelly said.

"I got to meet all these ordinary people doing extraordinary things - all oblivious to how inspirational they all are. It was very humbling."

According to a source, ITV is keen to establish Kelly as one of its "golden girls", claiming she has a "big future" with the broadcaster.

The insider added: "Kate was immensely popular with Coronation Street viewers, and ITV bosses thought she'd be a natural in front of the camera, if given her own format. The hope is that [Kelly's Heroes] will lead to other things."