Search This Blog

zondag 11 december 2011

Chelsee Healey hopes to win Strictly for dad

Chelsee Healey hopes to win Strictly for dad

Chelsee Healey is hoping to win 'Strictly Come Dancing' for her late father.

The 'Waterloo Road' actress - who scored the first 40 out of 40 of this year's series for her sultry paso doble on last night's (10.12.11) show - is hoping to dedicate her 'Strictly' crown to her dad, who tragically passed away when she was just five years old.

She said: "Dad's death makes me much more ¬determined to succeed. I think, 'I wonder if he'd be proud of me'.

"It drives me on. I've still got ¬pictures of him round the house and I always wonder what he'd be like if he were still alive today. It will always upset me but winning the show would be a great way to remember him."

"I ¬remember Dad, I know he was ¬really cheeky. My nan says I'm just like him. She always tells me how proud he'd be of me."

Despite hoping to win 'Strictly' alongside professional partner Pasha Kovalev, Chelsee thinks the crown will go to McFly drummer Harry Judd, as she is "terrified" her existing back injury will hold her back in the competition.

She added in an interview with the Sunday Mirror newspaper: "I think Harry's brilliant and I'm sure he's going to go all the way. We all call him the champ because he's so good.