Search This Blog

zondag 8 april 2012

Louis CK: 'Louie is my passion project

Louis CK: 'Louie is my passion project

Louis CK has described his critically acclaimed series Louie as a passion project.

The comedian writes, directs and stars in the FX series as a troubled stand-up comic whose life often descends into surrealistic adventures.

In an interview with The Wrap, Louis CK said that he values having creative control over the low-budget series much more highly than starring in a network sitcom.

"For my scale, how I grew up and live my life, I'm making plenty of money. I've been paid more, so it's a voluntary downtick in money for an enormous amount of fulfilment," he explained.

"It's well worth it. It only gets more worth it. It would be very hard to go the other way and take a bunch of money for something I don't want to do."

Louis CK has agreed to give up some control for Louie's third season by turning over the editing to Susan Morse, who worked with Woody Allen on films like Hannah and her Sisters and Radio Days.

"I only was willing to give up editing if I could get the best editor in the world, and I think that's what she is. I wasn't looking for any editor, I was looking for Susan Morse," the comic declared.

Louie premiers its third season on June 28 on FX.