Search This Blog

dinsdag 10 april 2012

Sofia Vergara: 'America welcomed me with pulled-down pants'

Sofia Vergara: 'America welcomed me with pulled-down pants'

Sofia Vergara has said that American men made her feel welcome.

The Modern Family actress, who hosted Saturday Night Live last night (April 7), only had good things to say about America in her opening monologue.

"I always heard that immigrants had a really hard life when they came to America," Vergara said.

"But when I showed up here, everyone was so nice!" she continued. "The men bought me drinks and offered me a place to sleep. This country welcomed me with open arms and pulled-down pants."

Vergara recently declared that hosting SNL is an honour, adding that the sketch comedy show is an American tradition.

The Colombian star was joined by musical guests One Direction, who made their Saturday Night Live debut.