Search This Blog

dinsdag 10 april 2012

Britain's Got Talent singer's 9st weight loss inspired by TOWIE's Arg

Britain's Got Talent singer's 9st weight loss inspired by TOWIE's Arg

Britain's Got Talent contestant Tony Roberts has revealed that TOWIE's Arg helped him lose weight.

Singer Roberts, who has lost nine stone, told The Sun that his friendship with Only Way Is Essex reality TV star James Argent could have saved his life.

"I lost the weight when a doctor told me I was close to a heart attack," he said. "I weighed 25st when I was 19 and now I weigh 16st."

"Arg took me to boot camp with him and it was an amazing experience," the 25-year-old continued.

"I met Arg a few years ago through Amy Childs and he loved my voice. We did talk about working together at the time. I can see us doing a swing duet one day."

Roberts also disclosed that he made a cameo on TOWIE last year, adding that he hopes to land a starring role in the ITV2 show.

"There was no warning, I just got a call out of the blue. So hopefully in the new series it will happen again," he added.

Tony Roberts appeared on The X Factor in 2006, passing the first audition but failing to make it past the last 14.