Search This Blog

maandag 4 juni 2012

Alan Ball: 'True Blood is more than embarrassing for its stars'

Alan Ball has said that True Blood is more than embarrassing for its stars.

The series creator, who announced his intention to step down at the end of the show's fifth season, opened up about its rampant nudity at the season premiere in Hollywood.

"Embarrassing doesn't really cover it," Ball said of what he makes his actors do. "A sock barely covers it."

Meanwhile, Kristin Bauer van Straten, who plays Pam on the HBO series, revealed that she has trouble getting clean after shooting episodes for the show.

"I had dirt everywhere," she said. "My husband, he's used to it. I mean, I was brushing my teeth and dirt was falling out of my eyebrows into the sink."

Last month, Mark Hudis was named as the series' new showrunner if it gets picked up for a sixth season.

The fifth season of True Blood premieres on Sunday, June 10 at 9/8c on HBO. It will air on FX in the UK later this year.